The HQA organizes short training sessions aimed at experts interested in becoming members of an Accreditation Panel. Based on the feedback and the lessons learned from the evaluation of HEIs, the training sessions provide experts with the necessary knowledge and guidance on the HQA Quality Accreditation Standards, the ENQA Standards and Guidelines (ESG) and the accreditation process. In addition, the experts are briefed during the training sessions on the expectations of HQA on the Accreditation Report and the comments submitted by the Panel following completion of the review.
Only experts who have attended the short training session organized by HQA may be appointed to an Accreditation Panel. However, attendance of a training does not automatically guarantee an invitation to join a Panel, as this is done on the basis of the needs of each accreditation process (expert profile, nationality, language competences, gender, expertise etc.).
In addition, a preparatory briefing is organized by the HQA Coordinator with the Panel Chair and the members of the Accreditation Panel to discuss the entire IQAS/SP accreditation process. More specifically, the topics of this briefing are:
- The purpose of the review;
- The roles and responsibilities of Panel members;
- The information on the current legal framework of the Greek HEIs;
- The use and understanding of the IQAS/SP Quality Accreditation Standards;
- The link between evidence and information, analysis, and conclusions in the IQAS/SP Accreditation Proposal;
- The timeline and management of the site visit;
- The drawing up the draft Accreditation Report;
- The submission of the final Accreditation Report and decision-making process regarding accreditation.
The above briefing is compulsory and is chaired by a HQA member. It takes place before the site visit and lasts about 60-90 minutes. It also presents an important opportunity for the Panel members to be introduced to each other prior to the site visit.
In addition to the preparatory telephone briefing, the members of the Accreditation Panel are expected to be in regular contact both among them and with the HQA Coordinator as the need arises.